Wednesday, September 30, 2009

When the Piggy Flu Hits You

Now, I don't have the Swine Flu, the Piggy Flu, H1N1, Hiney or whatever it is we're calling it today. But....I was just informed that one of my classmates does.

H1N1 has hit SVC.

My classmate is quarentined at the local hospital. Might I add that I heard this from another student, not from the school admin itself. Of course, they might be waiting to inform us in the morning. *coughabouttimecough*

Still, the lounge has been wiped down with Clorox. The railing leading up to our floor has been disinfected. The instant we were informed of this, I ran to the bathroom and pulled out the wipes while my friend began slathering on hand sanitizer. None of us want the H1N1 obviously.

I can only imagine how our professors will react. They told us in no uncertain terms that if we got it, to get the hell out.
"If you get the H1N1, you will be unhappy. If I get it, I will be unhappy and so you also will be very unhappy."--as put by the amazing Scott.

So, take care that the Piggy Flu does not come near you:

--wash your hands (which you should know to do anyway)
--disinfect your door knobs, railings, faucets, etc (you might want to do this anyway in a dorm......you KNOW why)
--go to the nurse if you get flu-like symptoms (or you start oinking uncontrollably)
--wear a medical mask, which you can get pretty easily especially if you or any of your friends are nursing majors (if you want to feel so much more safe and manage to cause mass hysteria from the mere sight of you at the same time)
--don't visit Mexico at this time (I know....but that's where it came from so....rethink that weekend trip to Cancun)

Peace, love and --*oink* oh, excuse me--Pluto!

[btw, TOTALLY kidding about that last bit]

1 comment:

  1. ugh the hini flu is so over-exaggerated its not even funny. i mean sure it sucks...sure it can be deadly...but so can the basic flu or even a cold if you dont take care of yourself or go to a doctor and all that jazz. i swear the media is making everyone blow it outta proportion. its getting annoying. i wanna get it just so i can survive and be like "see no big deal!" *shakes head* silly people....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the ......wait...this isn't a voicemail!