Thursday, October 1, 2009

Writing Workshop Woes

There comes a time in every writer's life, when you encounter an imposter, a wolf in sheep's clothing so to speak. This person is usually an English major who happens to take Creative Writing Workshop.

Now, I'm not knocking those who cross-over. Some of them have the best ideas and turn out to be the best writers. However, there is a difference between coming into class to share and learn and coming into class like you own the place.

Having an informationsal letter that demanded you answer certain questions (which, btw, were numbered.....talk about a Type-A personality!) and only those and in that form, could possibly irk you a bit. Then having the author say "please give me feedback you feel is relevant and necessary" might tweak your meloncea a bit more.

The final blow in my opinion was to have said "I think it could be a very strong piece with the right feedback." Uh-uh betch you did not just say that!

Bascially, this individual is an English snob. She's spent several years now completely analzying different works and so she finds herself above us normal writers. That doesn't fly well with me. I will not be condescended to. She asked us for help with her peice; she has no right to demand things and act like she's deigning to get assistance from us.

We own the field bitch......you're just a rookie. Don't act like you're higher on the food chain than us, cause we certainly wouldn't pull that shit with you in an English class.

I will not sit and take that shit anymore in my life. I'm too old for it.

>_<

*flames.....flames...on the ...side of my face....*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the ......wait...this isn't a voicemail!